Wednesday, April 3, 2013

ODE TO 60 -- DEDICATED TO MY BROTHER WAYNE


The Lord doesn’t make mistakes. He created you in His own image.  He “created your spiritual DNA and already had your spiritual inheritance planned before he ever spoke, ‘Let there be light’.”  “This (life) is a journey of joy and peace and hope and strength and fulfillment, discovering the wonder of who you are – a unique spirit.”

When we have birthdays, whether they be at 20, 30, 40, 50 or 60, etc., we will often say, “Life begins at 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 (or whatever).”  In reality, however, life begins at the time of conception.  Reality also dictates that every day is a birthday.  In between those 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s (or whatever), we are allowed to rebirth ourselves into a brand new day in celebration of a new beginning that will, most certainly, bring new surprises, new challenges, new journeys, new meanings and renewed wholeness.

It is that once a year, though, that we are celebrated for being birthed into this world.  There is the ceremonial cake, ice cream, presents, balloons, high-fives and Happy Birthdays.  Who doesn’t love that once-a-year official birthday?  I sure do.

So, just what does 60 look like?  I really couldn’t say.  I’m 57. What do I know?  But, whatever 60 looks like, it looks good on my brother and he wears it well.

*HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WAYNE JOHNSON*

MARCH 13

 

I feel compelled to tell you today just how honored and blessed I am to have you as my brother and, even more so, as my friend.  You have enriched my life above and beyond anything I could ever (even) begin to express here.  The words simply don’t exist but the feeling of how I feel about you is now and will forever and always be woven and imbedded in my mind and in my heart. 

Thank you for leaving your paw prints trailed through my life (our lives).  Thank you for being the beautiful person that you are and for being the most awesome brother that you are to me.   Thank you for always being there for me – through thick and thin. Thank you for loving me. 

Straight from the heart,

Your baby sister

No comments:

Post a Comment